Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Moving On

At long last God has led us to the next phase of our life and ministry. On January 7th 2007 I will start my new position as Young Adults Pastor at West Edmonton Christian Assembly www.weca.com
God has been so faithful to lead us to this church. He has systematically opened all the doors one by one, and led us to an amazing opportunity. WECA is a big church, but is a place where ministry and leadership are real, and not bogged down with religious baggage. Jaime and I are so excited that we get to help lead a great group of young adults into a revolution of what “church” can look like! We get to take action in all the things we have been learning this year about church and culture. The struggles of 2006 are beginning to make more sense as we glimpse a snapshot of our future. I am so exited that I will get to “run” in my giftings and calling in ministry.
I’ll admit I’ve grown soft – living on the Island. I will have to adjust to Alberta winters… but Jaime – she’s lived here her whole life (although born in Edmonton). The coldest she’s ever experienced was – 20. She’s in for a real adjustment. We’re taking this as an adventure. I just think of the ice planet Hoth from Star Wars.



We’re going to miss so many people. We have made relationships here in Sidney that run so deep – they are like family! Thanks to those of you who have been praying for us, it means alot – God is SO faithful. Pray that we can buy a home (we’ve already put an offer on a SWEET townhouse!)

And to our new friends in Edmonton – I really hope you like us! Let’s change the world together!


Stay Tuned…

11 Comments:

Blogger Paul & Wanda Moores said...

Oh the irony. Mad Cow moving to the City of Champions.

Gonna miss you man but I am in Edmonton at least 2x a year so I'll give you a ring.

In the mean time, find us a decent place to have coffee there.

12:36 PM  
Blogger jeremy postal said...

Congrats!! That sounds awesome....except for of course that you are moving to deadmonton. No, just kidding! Really stoked for you guys....have fun!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck and congrats. Sounds like a great opportunity, you guys are gonna rock the show.

1:33 PM  
Blogger AfterVerner said...

Mmm...Hoth. As someone well versed in Starwars, I have definately heard of it before.(in other words...thanks for saying it was an ice planet. otherwise ...hehe). Yes, so I'm glad I don't have to go to that cold place, but you seem excited, and it sounds really cool. Who couldn't love you guys? Keep it up man.

5:33 PM  
Blogger Michelle's Books said...

You have done so much for me and other people in Sidney you both will be greatly missed. You taught me not to be afraid of the bible and that the answers really are there. Good luck and keep us posted on your adventure!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Colin Monty said...

Oh Rob and Jaime, I don't know what to say..... I will miss you and life will never be the same. I am actually so happy for you two. Oh boy what and adventure. I will come and visit and spend time with you both. Of course it will only be in the summer month. I believe they have 9 months of winter, 1 month of spring, 1 month of fall and 1 month of summer.
Keep the faith, teach new padawans the way.

Cheers Bro

12:32 PM  
Blogger Quigley said...

BOOYAH!!! Way to go you two!! You were faithful in waiting on the Lord for HIS perfect choice for you both..and now at last you are walking THROUGH the door!! So excited for you guys... but we're sure gonna miss ya!!!

3:49 PM  
Blogger RevTrevK said...

Congrats...you will do great things there. They are pumped to have you. Remember you are blessed to have them and they are definitely blessed to have you.

"God use them to impact more people than they are dreaming about now."

WECA will never be the same...can I hear an AMEN! ?

12:30 AM  
Blogger Rob Petkau said...

Thanks everyone!
We're feeling really overwhelmed! All kinds of emotions.

Keep praying that we find a place to live.

12:09 PM  
Blogger MC said...

Meh, Edmonton. Only a few hours by Nitrus injected Jet pack. I could visit enough to make you sick!
If you do get the townhouse, what'll you name it? How about- THE ICEFORTRESS!

Peace man

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well to say that we here at WECA are excited would be an understatemt. When your name was announced in the morning service many of the people cheered.

I avoided the entire issue about that calgary flames thing... hoping that you will be our best convert from the darkside.

Welcome to the family.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home