Sunday, August 27, 2006

Vacation

We’re back from two weeks of vacation in Alberta... well one week. See, for the first week I was the speaker at a Pentecostal Youth Camp called “Power Zone”. I was a little nervous about preaching again (after 7 months), but also excited to be contributing to the Kingdom in this way. God had put some stuff on my heart for them.
I met some amazing young leaders, and saw God deeply touch lives. It was awesome to be a part of it. I preached for 3 nights. The first night was on The Love of the Father – (stuff needed to be broke open in some hearts). Next night was the call to a life of discipleship – really following Jesus Hard Core. Then my last night was the “One Month Challenge” to take the Word of God with you everywhere for 30 days… and yes I used the example of a Jedi and his lightsaber. It was so good to spend some time with Barry Marsden, a man of God whom I have come to admire.
Thank you, to those who were praying for me, I felt it. Pray for all the students who took steps toward living the life of a revolutionary in the Kingdom of God – they will need it! The enemy doesn’t want them to survive, let alone succeed.

After the camp, Jaime and I went backpacking in the Rockies with my brother, his wife, and our friends Todd and Julie. We saw a Grizzly from about 150 ft away (AWESOME!!!) and had a great time. I have wanted to take Jaime into the mountains like this since before we were married.


6 Comments:

Blogger AfterVerner said...

You made me relize how much I miss your preaching. It's unique and always excellent. Like God. Wonder where you get it eh?
A grizzly too? I hear if you shoot them in the nose, it wil just bounce off. You got pictures right?

1:25 PM  
Blogger Delbert said...

share a coffee with me soon darth petkau.

8:10 PM  
Blogger SoulPastor said...

Hey Cowboy!
Great reading your blog and loving the way you are rediscovering yourself!

Be blessed and drop me a line sometime!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Barry Marsten said...

PowerZone was awesome - just wanted to let you know that fruit is already appearing in the lives of our young people. They are taking thier Bible's everywhere and making a difference in their world. God used you. Well done.

10:01 AM  
Blogger jaz & les ghag said...

Hey man, great to hear the time in Alberta was good. Look forward to connecting with you soon.

8:54 PM  
Blogger jeremy postal said...

Man - that looks so rad there! Glad you had good times and didn;t get eaten by bears or, for that matter, bugs.
peace out homeslice.
-Jer

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home