Monday, February 27, 2006

My first pie

An important part of a sabbatical is discovering the passions you were created by God to have, and what to do with them. God designed us to BE not to DO. As I explore this, I am drawn to pie. I had never made one on my own, but recently I was inspired by a friend named Alyssa who made her first pie for me… and it was amazing. I said to myself – I must one day learn to make pie. So I did. This is my first pie.

It is an apple pie. Not the best pie ever, but quite good nonetheless. I’m just posting this to inspire you all to discover your passion, and step out in it. I’ll leave you with the words of the sage Jack Handey;

“When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmm, boy.”

10 Comments:

Blogger Delbert said...

oh man rob. when will the day come when we see each other in pie heaven? because you and me both know... we sure would fall for it.

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just don't get it...pie?!?!? WHY?!?!?!?!?!?!?

10:52 PM  
Blogger white girl said...

I'm so proud of you for making a pie! It looks really nice too! I am still learning the art of making pie. I have mastered tarts, and cheesecake but the all-mighty pie eludes me.

Good work!

1:59 AM  
Blogger AfterVerner said...

You can mkae pie, coffee, and lightsabers now. I'm not too much a fan of that coffee stuff, but...you can make a lot of good things hey? passionately pursueing palatable pie...

3:19 PM  
Blogger Quigley said...

Can you make a Lemon Meringue next?? YUM! :D

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yahoo Pet Cow! I found your blog! I'm in Estonia right now with Dawn & Corrie Block and we are on a mission to find everyone we know. It will be cool to keep up on your life. Heard thru the ever-present grapevine that you are making some changes....keep in touch.
PS - my blog is written for all the little old ladies...can't have as much fun!!

2:24 AM  
Blogger tommy : s said...

rob, jaime, wow. blogging has been both vital and totally timewasting for me in the past. recently decided i need to keep up to date with important people in life, and this brings me here. wow. sabbatical turns to the next chapter. real excited for you and praying hard right now, also have many questions to ask and advice to hear!

hoping to see you later today maybe ..?

the pie is awesome, and i know cos i'm english. i think pie was one of the most important contributions we gave to canadian culture. liz has made only one pie during our 13 years of marriage, and it was a memorable occasion. too memorable to repeat currently.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Joel said...

please can i have some pie uncle rob

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rob!

yumm..pie.

I had a question...why the title for your blog? What would follow the "and there are maniacs..." ???

10:35 AM  
Blogger ~WandererShe~ said...

Hey good job! I am impressed,
! - please don't tell Ryan you did that by yourself or he will know that it's not so impossible and he'll make me....*gulp* go into the kitchen and bake!!! AGgghhh!!!

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home