Monday, February 20, 2006

Attending your own funeral

So my former church (sounds weird to say) had a farewell gathering for Jaime and I on Saturday night. It was a wonderful time to say goodbye to everyone, and we really appreciated pastor John and the church blessing us like that. It felt a lot like going to your own funeral… you know; people saying all kinds of nice things about you from the front, or sharing special memories about how you had affected their life... a very strange experience.
I was touched by how so many people experienced God through Jaime and I. What a great thing to be used by God in someone’s life. He is so faithful in spite of my failures.
I remember thinking “be careful what you say, people (it seems) will remember!”

Have you ever finished reading an amazing book, and thought, “I wish it wasn’t over!” Well Jaime and I feel that way. But we are comforted by the knowledge that there is a second “book” in the series, and we can’t wait to begin reading, and continuing the adventure. This time in our life is over, and we feel some closure now. We know that some of these friendships we will keep for life. But we are beginning to pray and dream for what lies ahead. Pray with us, and for us. And stay tuned…

5 Comments:

Blogger Quigley said...

It was a powerful night my friend - interestingly, similiar thoughts went through my head about what you were saying! The whole evening was "right" in every sense of the word.. so glad we were able to be there and be a part of it.

I was thinking that it's almost like you and Jaime have left a legacy which will continue to bear fruit.. even years from now. Wow :)

And so as the Lord closes Volume I and reaches for Volume II from the shelf of life...I am "tuned" to what will happen next.

We love you guys.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Paul & Wanda Moores said...

Second in the series eh? Or is it book five because there were three books before the 1st one??

Sorry. Just trying to talk your "Star Wars" language.

I also have expereinced Christ through you and Jaime. Sure wish we could have a coffee together.

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob!
I found your blog through reuben's blog.
I'm excited for you and Jaime and I pray that God opens doors that jive with your hearts.
You not being at Sidney is like a foreign thought to me, but I would put money on the bet that your second book is going to be the sweet apples.

You're the man, man!

11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rob and Jaime, what a blessing to have been there to witness, the effect your lives have impacted that community...but there was also a tension in the air, but it was a good tension. The difficulty of letting go of someone and something you love very much is not easy. But you've planted seeds there, and with the Lords help, and the community they will continue to bear fruit, that will be a legacy to the passion you have for Jesus.
May He always be a light on your path as you continue your journey.Blessings and prayers, Ron+

3:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello master jedi
how goes it
i just bought starwars episode 3
di u know who i am
il give u a himt my email is

jackonellsg1@hotmail.com

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home