Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Ukraine 2005














On August 16th mylself and 10 students will be travelling to a village called Dobromyl in Ukraine for a 2 week missions trip. 3 of us have been there before 2 years ago. To the left you see me and a few of the friends we met there. we hope to assist in a church plant for this village. we will be working with a few bible college students from a the city of Lviv, 2 hours away.

If you think of it, pray for me and my team. I really want to see God change our lives through the adventures we will have. I also believe that God can use us to change this village somehow. I really want to play a part in the story of the Kingdom in this place, with these people. I find their culture and faith inspiring.
I get to be a pastor and a leader, but I really don't know what I'm doing. I'm just like every other beleiver, trying to be obedient and depending on an amazing God! I get to preach to people through an interpreter, I'm thinking about talking on the fruit of the Spirit... "what is growing out of you"... "God is the farmer - I am merely soil... what kind of soil will I be?". I pray that God's word comes through me loud and clear, that is power!
But more than that - I pray that who I am matters. That I can make a difference because I let Christ shine out of me - even at the most unusual moments.

Pray with me,
Pray for me!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rob, bathing you and the team in prayer over the next few weeks will be a large part of my daily journey. I can't help but think of how Moses talked to the reconnaissance party to be filled with a spirit of boldness, and how Caleb was, how he could only see the fruit of God's Kingdom...the Promised Land.
And you being moved to speak on the fruit, ""what is growing out of you"... "God is the farmer - I am merely soil... what kind of soil will I be?". I pray that God's word comes through me loud and clear, that is power!"
I love all the " God is a farmer " parables...the dirt, the soil, the weeds, the vine and branches...it is such hands on stuff, great metaphors with great visuals.
Anyway Rob may you be a blessing...to bless all you come in contact with...have an awesome trip!!!

12:16 AM  
Blogger Quigley said...

Ditto my friend -- covering you in prayer and praying for safety, protection - and an abundance of the manifestation of His love on both you and the team, and those you minister too!!

Looking forward to a full update!!!!

Rich.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home