Thursday, February 02, 2006

Rest

It has been over a month that I have been off work. But it has only been this last week that I have really begun to feel at rest. With all the details of taking a short notice sabbatical/stress leave, and then with it turning into resignation… Well life’s been it’s own kind of whirlwind lately.

But now, I am spending my time in my shop building lightsabers (go to the link to see them). I am feeling more creative and alive than I have in a long time! I’m enjoying my fencing classes with my wife and reading Star Wars adventures.
















This time really is a blessing, but in order to accept it, I had to come to terms with God’s Grace in a new way.
I have had a hard time accepting this blessing from God because I know I don’t deserve it. I feel compelled to earn it, do my devotions, do something! But God had to come and tell me to let go and rest. It is a rare thing for me to advise anyone to take time off from their devotions, but that’s exactly what I had to do. And now, I realize that in the desert of this part of the journey, God has provided an oasis, where there is no stress, no worry for a time, all is provided for. Thank you Lord, you are so good to me.



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a season of Adaptation that will release you into an Absorbtion of new and fresh perspectives. An Awakening into Arousal, an Allure towards Adornment.
This will provide an Application of a new and fresh Amplification of the sounds of the Spirit in your future service in the bride of our beautiful bridegroom.

5:46 PM  
Blogger Paul & Wanda Moores said...

Sorry I haven't been faithful in keeping in touch.

Would love to see you and Jaime if you are looking for a weekend away.

Blessings

2:58 PM  
Blogger AfterVerner said...

Hello, Master Madcow.
It's real cool that you've now been getting your rest and such. Guess it takes a while to wind down eh? Nice now that you're arriving there. We have to talk sometime, okay? Okay. And my amature blog too. Happy saber smithing.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home