Thursday, January 05, 2006

Sabbatical

In case you have not heard, Jaime and I are taking some time off to refresh and refocus. The church has graciously given me 3 months as stress leave (I was getting pretty burned out). Jaime is still working but we are both absent from all church stuff.
I have a great group of leaders who are running Sidney Pentecostal Youth in my absence. I’m sure they will discover that they need me far less than they think they do.

While I’m off I plan to do a lot of the things that fill up my energy level. Jaime and I will try to get enough money together to travel somewhere. We have signed up to take a fencing class together. Personally, I will spend a lot of time with God – learning to listen better, and hopefully be filled with a renewed passion for ministry. I will also immerse myself in my hobbies – they fill me up like nothing else in this world.

Jaime and appreciate all of you who are praying for us. Here are some things to pray for;
- Finances to travel
- Hearing from God
- Rest
- New perspective and passion
- Pie

I will post updates on this blog to keep you in the loop.

May His Force be with you.

3 Comments:

Blogger jeremy postal said...

Ahhh....I see
Well Merry Sabatical > I will certainly be praying for you every time I check back to your little corner of the www! I hope things are going really well for you guys...

Grace and Peace,
-Jer

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fencing, very cool...Hmmmm, I wonder will it be with light sabers...WWJD ( WHAT WOULD JEDI DO ). Really praying for you both Rob, this is long overdo. 10+ years in ministry ay Sidney...you need to get away from it. May the force be with you...

2:32 AM  
Blogger Quigley said...

Ditto to what Ron said bro.. rest.. and wait on the Lord! Any particular pie you want?

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home