Saturday, March 18, 2006

New Job

Well it’s not ministry exactly (life is ministry), but I have a new temporary job. I am a technician with a company called Precision Audio. I’m doing electrical work, installing speakers, sound gear, video gear etc. I get paid well, but the job is only for a month or two. It feels good to be doing physical work again. I come home pretty tired. I enjoy working with my hands, my brain, and good tools. I get to do creative problem solving, which is another good thing for me. Plus I am learning lots of stuff from Larry – the pro electrician I work with.

Having spent much time in prayerful reflection… Jaime and I are hoping to find a church to go work in soon. It is our heart to minister with older youth and young adults as mentors. My dream is to spend my time teaching, speaking, and developing students to become ministers. I hope to work in a close staff situation that would allow me to pour into a younger youth pastor. Both Jaime and I enjoy counselling opportunities. Especially meeting one on one, over a cup of coffee with those students who are passionate about God. I feel called to the church, as weird as that sounds. While I am thrilled when a person comes to Christ for the first time, my heart aches for the bride of Christ to become less religious and more relevant to our world.
Having said that… we are ready to go wherever, and do whatever the King asks of us. So we’ll see what happens. God is so faithful!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for you guys! good luck in your search!

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Rob, I will surround your dream and vision in prayer...may it become a Kingdom reality. Blessings to both of you. Peace...Ron+

11:15 AM  
Blogger Paul & Wanda Moores said...

Enjoy it man. It will give you an accurate picture of the other side.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Jesse said...

Hey Rob, just stubbled across your blog. Wow, lots of changes eh! God bless you as you keep taking steps of faith. I'm excited to hear what happens next in your life!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Delbert said...

Hey rob, if anyone is built to do be in that ministry, I think it's you and jaime! It's true that you dont realize what you have until you loose it, and i really have noticed how you guys had that ability to discern what the spirit is saying to people.

May God bless you in your mentoring and teaching Rob!

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home