Sunday, April 16, 2006

I’d like to coin a phrase

The pride in me wants to be famous and have people quote me. Unfortunately, most of the things I say aren’t cool, and the few that are cool are inspired by the Holy Spirit – so It’s God who comes off looking cool, not me. I am quite happy with that last arrangement. I don’t want pride to take root in my life, again… But at the risk of sounding that way, I think I have come up with a real doozy! Perhaps this is another instance of Holy Spirit inspired cool, but maybe, just maybe, I’ve finally arrived.
The phrase is… are you ready? … “KINGDOM – COOL”!!!
It works like this: My wife gets to work at a spa with non-Christians who believe a lot of different (sometimes bizarre) things.


They all know she is a Christian and respect her. That’s cool. But when her gay co-worker asks her for advice, and even invites her to her home – that’s “Kingdom Cool”!
I guess it’s kinda’ like that “that’s Motrin pain” commercial, but better. Feel free to post your own examples of “Kingdom Cool”, and to use the term all you want… it’s Kingdom Property (I didn’t invent that one).

8 Comments:

Blogger ~WandererShe~ said...

Haha! that's great Rob :-D

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yea... we'll make that one stick.
Of course, by the time it does, no one will remember who said it first...

12:01 AM  
Blogger Quigley said...

I will start using it.. and give credit where possible!! ;)

4:27 PM  
Blogger Paul & Wanda Moores said...

Ah too bad i've been using Kingdom Cool for years.




















Just kidding.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Rob Petkau said...

jerk

7:43 PM  
Blogger Jerusha said...

sweet I will never forget that thanks for always beinh there to talk to and we got to go for coffie soon but maybe after history maker and here my blog http://jerusha-historymaker.blogspot.com/ so yeah come see it and leave a comment and give this to jamie and what did she thick of sarah and my gift to here but I got to go now so goodbye and have fun ttyl soon and I miss you alot and really want to go for coffee with you Rob from Jerusha P.S. we shouled just hang and get to updated with each other and see how each other are.

10:58 PM  
Blogger Quigley said...

Okay here's another one that came out of my mouth on Sunday.. and Graham was a witness!

"They say as we speak! And you know what they say!"


Thank you.. yes... thank you very much!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Boomer said...

Now that's ministry my friend...

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home