Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Pressure


It’s so easy to get wound up real tight with all that is going on in life these days. I’m amazed at the amount of stress most of us carry around and think its “normal”. When I stop for a moment, I realize that much of the pressure I’m under comes from the expectations of other people. Sometimes these expectations are figments of my imagination. In other words – I allow myself to be stressed by things which may not even exist. I submit to expectations or opinions that no one has actually placed on me. Maybe they spring from my personal fears and insecurities. Or perhaps they are fashioned by that crazy human tendency... the one where I find ways to beat myself up in a misguided attempt to be better. Can anyone relate?
Well, if you are like me, then it’s worth remembering that I am performing for an audience of one. There is only one opinion that ultimately matters most. And I have it on good authority that His yoke is easy and His burden is light (Matt. 11: 28-30).

5 Comments:

Blogger Patricia said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:38 AM  
Blogger Patricia said...

Thats a great blog. I think alot of people can relate to you on that topic.

9:40 AM  
Blogger JohnRoss said...

i think your problem is your not perfect. work on that.
i would argue though that some pressure is better than no pressure. keeps you sharp. i wonder if people can tell when im joking and when im not. oh well. but
this is where solipsism really pays off, two ways; A. be a solipsists B. understand you live in a world where people consider themselves solipsists.
stress free. ps. if you like the stuff i write at my on your bar. if you dont, then dont add me. ive taken some blogamucil and am fairly regular now.

2:16 AM  
Blogger JohnRoss said...

*add

2:16 AM  
Blogger Rob Petkau said...

You are IN Johnny!

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home