Friday, April 13, 2007

Partners


If you’re like me, you spend too much time worrying about what people think. Most of it doesn’t matter at all, and much of what I fear people think, isn’t really thought by anyone. The enemy is always after me in this regard. So I repeatedly do battle for my mind – to re-align my thoughts to the truth that... it is what God thinks of me that matters, a distant second is what my wife thinks, and a remote third is everyone else.
In one of these almost daily battles a thought occurred to me...
I am trying to partner with Godly men and women to build a spiritual community of Young adults. BUT, I have actually been worrying too much about what the un-involved people think, and rarely considering what my “partners” think. The people who are investing in the vision with me. How messed up is that? It actually goes against one of my aims... to assemble a community of people who are on the same page FIRST. Then reach out to and include fringe people, seekers, sceptics, and outsiders, from a place of strong identity.

Does anyone know what I mean?

As is often the case, a coffee with one of my “partners” has helped set me straight. And several loving boots to the butt from my wife. Thank you honey.

Finally...
GO FLAMES!

5 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

You have to keep your 'Life' Accountablity people closest otherwise they can't keep you accountable.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the worries... and it's good to know you've people close by who can give you that little knudge every once in a while :)

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rob,

You are spearheading something amazing, that I know the vision is what God has given you and it is something that will make huge change in the community you live in. I wish I could be involved in a more direct way, but alas I have been called to the flat-lands and won't be standing along with you all, but my spirit is there and I will keep you all in prayer.

This whole thing of second-guessing what others think is a HUGE spiritual attack, and I say come against it and come out on the winning side! I have seen most of my friends and myself under huge attack this week, and I think it is spiritual. This just tells me something big is happening in the spiritual world, and we need to get ready!

Your vision is awesome, what you're doing is revolutionary for the church and exactly what it needs!! Don't ever doubt it (and you said it man, whatever others think of you doesn't matter!)

Keep going strong man!

Dot

7:45 AM  
Blogger Rob Petkau said...

Thanks Dot!
Hey everyone - this is funny...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSnXE2791yg

10:54 AM  
Blogger Mike McMillan said...

Man, i miss our coffees.., good ol' Ralph's,

I don't think flames are going anywhere fast though..

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home